Armadillo Removal Collierville, TN
Armadillo Trapping Services In Collierville Tennessee
Armadillos are interesting and unique animals. They inhabit much of South America, however, over time they have migrated as far north as the South Eastern side of North America. There are 20 species of armadillos but only the nine-banded species is known to inhabit North America.
The nine-banded armadillo weighs approximately 12 pounds and is 15 inches long. Perhaps its most distinct feature is its armored body with heavy scales protecting the armadillo’s head and legs. The word armadillo is Spanish for “little armored one” and refers to the bony plates that make up the armadillo’s armor. They have small, upright ears and a pointy face. Armadillos have poor eyesight and a very sharp sense of smell. Armadillos are much like our Collierville TN bat removal, where they are not very smart but difficult to catch without experience.
Looking For Other Wildlife Control Services?
Contact Collierville armadillo control for a wide variety of services. We provide rodent control and roof rat removal, as well as wildlife removal services. Many of our services are customized for you, based on the exact problem you are facing with wildlife or rats. Our licensed technicians are very thorough and are also certified by the state of Tennessee. We are known for getting animal removal jobs done right and always on time.
An armadillo issue can be a real problem. Not only can armadillos cause damage to your home or property, they can also harm you, your family or your pets. Our experts specialize in getting rid of armadillos and providing armadillo exclusion work to make sure they stay out for good. Call us today for armadillo removal in Collierville, TN.
Signs of Armadillo Activity around Homes
Armadillos are prolific diggers. They excavate land in search of food and shelter. Their front paws are strong and they are able to dig out complex burrow systems for shelter; against harsh weather or predators.
Armadillos find their way into people’s gardens and backyards as they wander in search of food. They like to dig in areas with loose, porous soil like the one found in gardens because it is rich in insects and invertebrates. Here are 6 typical signs of armadillo activity around the home.
- Armadillo tracks – they leave behind a distinguishable foot print with four long, spread out toe prints – each tipped with a sharp claw and a line which is left behind by its scaly tail dragging behind it as it walks.
- Uprooted flowers, plants and seedlings – this is one of the nuisance armadillo problems around homes. They can cause significant damage to crops planted and to flower gardens.
- Multiple holes throughout the lawn and garden – when foraging, armadillos make small holes about 3-5 inches wide and 1-3 inches deep. These can be seen around the home.
- Burrow entrances – if an armadillo finds a safe place to live, it will dig out a burrow with an entrance of about 7-10 inches in diameter. There is no telling how deep these burrows could go as they could be interconnected with others underground.
- Damaged water pipes – as a result of their digging, armadillos can very easily cause damage to wires and pipes that are laid in the ground.
- Visual sighting of the creature – although this might be hard because armadillos are nocturnal, it is possible to spot them in the early morning or at dusk as they leave their burrows to forage.
Diseases Associated with Armadillos
Besides humans, the nine-banded armadillo is the only other animal known to carry the bacteria that causes leprosy. Although this is rare, armadillos should not be handled by untrained people because they might transmit leprosy or cause physical injury when they scratch. It is better to call experts who offer armadillo removal services.
Apart from leprosy, armadillos can also be hosts of the rabies virus which affects humans and pets. These are potentially fatal diseases and another good reason to stay away from these potentially dangerous creatures. Calling a certified professional to help with armadillo removal ensures both the safety of the animal and the family.
Controlling armadillo movements around the home protects the landscaping work, maintains the integrity of the property such as decks and pavements and ensures that armadillos do not find their way back to the property. Call an expert and enjoy professional armadillo removal services.
Call us today for emergency armadillo removal. We safely get rid of nuisance armadillos from homes!